And everything in between

Who would I be if this post did not contain house/decor things (the topic which seems to be consuming my life lately) BUT - I thought I would update you on other exciting (to me) things going on...

A couple of weeks ago we went to Barrie to celebreate Justin's brother's birthday - Brandon turned 19 so we went to the bar to celebrate!

Justin, Emily, Brandon, and Amanda
The lovely fog at the classy bar we went to...
Our local parade was the next day however, Justin and I were not able to attend - we really pissed someone off in the universe and we were summond to help my Mom paint. Positive thoughts.... this will help us learn the "dos" and "don'ts" when it comes to our own place.

Chauka probably thought he too pissed someone off as he got to be a reindeer in our local parade!!!



On the whole costume note... I consider myself a pretty organized person and already have bins in my Mom's basement labelled, describing their contents. I have a couple of Christmas bins and I completely emptied them to try and find Chauka's Santa costume - last year Chico was a reindeer and Chauka was Santa - Justin and I (heavy on the I) got quite the kick out of this. However, this year I couldn't find his Santa costume ANYWHERE. Therefore, the poor pup was relegated to a size-too-small reindeer costume.

He absolutely hates wearing clothes but on a festive occasion like the parade how can you NOT dress up?? Justin and I walked in it last year which enabled C to be a lazy bum, demanding to be carried about half the way. This year, Justin's cousin Ava walked him and he was well behaved and walked the whole route.

Of course, about a week after the parade when my mom took her Christmas decorations out and unpacked all her (unlabelled boxes) we found his costume. Poor thing was made dress up again and I took about a billion photos just to capture how cute he was...

Couldn't get him looking cute...  
This only took about 25 pictures
He was rewarded for his time in cookies - the best kind of currency for a food crazed Min Pin.

Finally, I must take a moment to express my OVERWHELMING love of Christmas holidays. I love baking and the decorations and more than anything - the MUSIC. I remember when I was away at school, my roommate had a strict Christmas music rule.... ONLY in the month of December were Christmas carols allowed to be played - this was hard for me as I may or may not listen to Christmas music on a year-round basis.

I helped Justin's Mom with her garland (pictures to follow - her house looks like something out of a magazine) and my mom with her random placement of Christmas items we've collected over the years. We get into a regular debate over the tree - the lights below are OUTSIDE lights despite what she tells you - she says they're "inside/outside" either way... I'm not a fan.


Overall, my Mom's house came together quite nicely this year. Here are a few quick snapshots of the elements I like.

Our cute garland and mid-reno stairs...
Bows - such an easy way to Christmas-ize regular chairs
Random Christmas decorations
Little decorations made from slightly chipped crystal
glasses - epsom salts, christmas ornaments and some
holly berries!
I am going to get started literally right now on a house update post - we've picked our appliances and our colours!!!! Still no house but there's nothing I can do about that part... despite regularly complaining to Justin who I think may kill himself if they don't break ground before Christmas.

Until next time (which I pinky promise won't be as long)...


No comments:

Post a Comment