Marley and Me

Morning all,

I am sooooooo sad!! I broke my winning streak of always posting on Mondays :( :( but in my defence - this has been a CRAZY week.

Some disappointing changes at work left me blue however, need to keep positive, I can feel something good right around the corner.

Additionally, I had this amazing New York post planned full of lots of pictures however, Justin hoardes photos like no body's business. Its true... my aunt refuses to talk to him until she sees pictures from her surprise birthday party. What fun is an awesome camera (and wonderful photo taking abilities - not like mine) if you're not going to share them!! Shame Justin - this is your fault...


Just a glimpse of the awesome-ness to come!
In prep for my regular Monday post I will get the pictures from Justin and post them so stay tuned for the NY post next week - lots of pictures (and good ones too) so that should be fun!

The last reason I was so distracted this week was due to a new addition to our family!!

Last weekend my Mom and I went to go look at a little rescue pup my aunt had heard about. My cousin sent me pics earlier in the week and well... they weren't that cute

Disceiving... kind of like my pictures
But when we saw him in person we melted. He is nothing short of adorable and needed a good forever home.


Now if you know me like Justin does I have been talking about wanting a Cavalier King Charles for YEARS - literally. I am in love with them. And how I am rationalizing this is by saying "Justin and I couldn't justify the cost of a pure bred Cavalier yet this mix (that looks a LOT like a Cavalier) fell right into our laps and needed a good home. If that isn't fate... I don't know what is...

We think he's a Papillion/Cavalier mix
Some similarities for sure!
We're still working out some of the kinks but he's fitting in well. Chauka seems accpeting about 90% of the time - the other 10% he's a little jealous and upset that he is no longer the center of my attention (although we are trying to give him a little extra TLC during the transition)

We've also booked his first session with the groomer...
He's a little matted
and he needs some eye wipes...
The pups had fun in the snow...
In other news, Justin and I are going out tonight for a friend's birthday (yay to actually having plans on a Saturday night - feels kind of weird) followed by looking at reptiles and faucets on Sunday (natural combo).


Currently our master bath has a corner tub with builder basic fixtures - the faucet in the back corner (aka will be very hard to replace once we're in). We're going to to look at the fixtures in the showroom on Sunday to see if there is something else we like better. Wish us luck (and let's hope it's not so expensive that we have to promise them our first born...)

The house is coming along quite nicely!! Walls will be up (with and updated post) before we know it!

Until next (on) time...

No comments:

Post a Comment