Trot Trot to Boston

Back and rested... well kind of. Family road trips always prove to be interesting. To be honest, road trips of any sort are usually interesting... 10+ hours in a small car with 3 people... it's cozy.


Overall, the trip to Boston was great - what a beautiful city!!! The hotel was super central - but while the hotel was nice, I don't think I would have paid full price; we got a great deal on hotels.com

We'd never been to Boston so tonnes of places to see and monuments to flock around like all the other hoardes of tourists. We did an organized trolly tour of the city and another spoooooky one on our last night!

Don't let our smiles fool you - this was before we left for
the haunted tour!
One of my favourite attractions was the Boston Tea Party - the tour was very theatrical and I even learned quite a bit! Prior to this trip I didn't even know what the Boston Tea Party was or it's significance in US History.

The "museum" consists of exact replicas of the ships
that imported the tea
Justin (along with the small children on
the tour) throwing the tea into the harbour
More sights at the exhibit
Seeing as we went with my Mom and my Aunt (both born in Ireland) the trip was filled with Irish pubs, sights and people - Boston seems to be a gathering place for Irish people young and old!

Irish pub
After Irish pub
After Irish pub
Justin and I shared a room with my cousin Neive and her boyfriend, Adam. The four of us had a great time and some really good laughs.


In summary - lots of pictures, drinks and food (too much good food...). I'm thankful for all the walking we did as I think it off set the food

Boston Beer Works brew sample - sooo good
Church of Science
Old church on the left - New church on the right
Old Boston Fire Hall
Some interesting street art
Another Irish pub 
Justin and I... at an Irish pub
Left: an old single family home brownstone
Right: MIT! 
Our visit to Harvard
Some of the best lasagne I've ever tasted 
Pinwheel pasta noodles that were 3 inches
long - the only restaurant in Boston
the makes them!
Neive and I at the Harvard gates
I'll be glad to get into the regular swing of things.

Primal breakfast on Tuesday morning
YUM :)
Big news coming shortly!!

Until next time...

1 comment: