Things that go bump in the night...

I think it's offical... I am the world's WORST blogger. Ever.

In my defence - I never mean for posts to be this far apart - things always come up and I find myself running out of hours in the day. Now lately, things have been even more crazy than normal and I feel like I don't have time to stop and catch my breath! Things have been insane at work (I'd rather it busy than slow) and some big things going on personally, more to come on that in a future post - either way, I feel like my life has fallen in to a state of disarray.

I consider myself a very methodical and organized person, obsessively so sometimes... However, right now, my room is terrible - the pictures below do not even do it justice as I spent 2 hours cleaning it last night and it STILL looks like this. My laundry is also overflowing and I'm running out of underwear - I think that's a sign that I need to clean things up....



I'm one of those people that feels frantic, anxious and uncomfortable when my room is a mess - I feel like my brain and my life are also a mess when my room is a disaster. Seeing as I still live at home, my room is the only space that is truly mine - therefore, an immediate reflection of the state of mind I am currently in. Needless to say - after I post this, cleaning my room and doing laundry are the only things on my agenda for the rest of the night.

In other news, Justin and I did manage to get away from the craziness that is life right now and make it to a Halloween party on Saturday night! We went to our friend Melissa's house and had a really good time (Justin had a little too much fun and his Sunday was wasted as a result). Some fun costumes and good times with friends.

Justin and I were jewel thieves
Melissa, Corey and their pup Ollie
as skeletons
Left: Wise Guys, Right: Monkey Business
Melissa and Justin, hamming it up
Left: Waldo, Center: Captain America, Right: Deaner from FUBAR
Group love (we all went to high school together
The girls, Corey and Joe Dirt, Graeme as the hockey lock out
On Sunday Justin's mom and I went to a surprise baby shower for a family friend - she got tonnes of great stuff and the clothes!!! This baby will need to be changed three times a day just to be able to wear everything!!




This week will also be crazy as its only a 4 day work week for me. We're going to Boston early Friday morning!! Justin and myself and my mom are driving down with my aunt, cousin, and my cousin's boyfriend, Adam. It was weeks ago when we planned this and the weekend snuck up on us!! Despite the terrible storms that are coming through the East Coast, we're hoping for an uneventful drive. I've heard it very idyllic so I'll do a big picture post upon my return.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment