I'm baaaack

Bet ya thought I forgot about you.

I didn't but things have been crazy - we were having some serious issues with our internet which makes writing an online blog very difficult. In addition to this I had a slight job change last Monday which brought stress and required more of my attention than normal. The straw that broke the camels back was some upsetting family news that needed my attention.

In short, you guys moved to the bottom of the food chain... that being said, hierarchy has been restored and I'm forcing myself to sit down and update you on my life over these last few weeks!!

Justin and I went to the National Home Show back on St. Patrick's Day - Justin's dad managed to snag us two free VIP tickets so it was a no brainer. Overall, it was a great day and we got some good information about a variety of things like blinds, air conditioning, hardwood floors and some other services we were interested in for the house. In more exciting news, I finally got my coveted Vitamix.



For those of you who don't know what this is... it is the Holy Grail of blenders... the blades move so quickly it heats up your soup while it's blending it. I also got the grain grinder so I can make my own flour, grind whole spices and more - come on house!!

We also go a great deal on this cowhide rug. Justin has wanted one for so long and the price was definitely right.


The weekend in between St. Pats and Easter, we had some friends up from Waterloo - I went to school with Alex and Liz and it was great to spend a weekend with them :) (sadly, no pics)

Easter was short but sweet (coupled with wayyy too much chocolate).

Justin's mom, aunts and cousins made this cute cupcake
caterpillar - I iced
In recent news, Justin and I bought one (of four) kitchen chairs from Homesense. We have 30 days to try and track down 3 more to complete the kitchen and so far, things are not looking good. Poor Justin, he's been calling every Homesense within a 2 hour radius and no one seems to have them!! (Ironically, the Homesense at Vaughan Mills sold 2 the day we bought ours - grrr!).


If we're meant to have them I'm sure 3 more will turn up - otherwise we'll have to return the one we bought and continue the hunt.

Hope you've all been well - I'm going to post some new pics of the house next week - it is coming along (aka we almost have a roof) - its starting to look like a real house!!!

Stay tuned, I promise I'll try and be on time next week again

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment