Cheers to the freakin' weekend!

Tried to post this post wayyy sooner but time got away from me.

What a busy weekend it was!

My Friday started at 6:00 am when I could not fall back to sleep due to anticiaption of an iPhone 5. If I drifted off ever so slightly, I would have nightmares that they were all sold out. Despite my plan to get up at 7, I cut my losses, got dressed and was at The Source for 6:30 am.

Me, being the paranoid freak that I am, was WAY earlier than I need to be; turns out, I didn't even have to get there prior to them opening. After 2 hours of playing soduku in my car and having challenges with myself as to how long I could go without looking at the clock in my car, I was the first one to get an iPhone 5 at the Source store in town.

During all the hype (and me staring down every car that came into the parking lot) I hear this massive SPLAT on the outside of my car; it was so loud that I thought I was being egged or something... It wasn't until I saw the bird poop dripping down my windshield that I realized it was those darn seagulls. Now I don't know if this was one very very sick bird or a whole flock of birds who banded together to ruin my day but needless to say, I have never seen that much bird poo concentrated in one area. And if that wasn't enough to start the day off, I had no time to wash the car before I left for work OR before I went to London. I spent the entire 2 hour car ride being laughed at by passers by.



This doesn't even do it justice - I think because it is dark out and my car is white. I kid you not when I say it was EVERYWHRE and was noticeable in person.

However, my weekend mood could not be touched - I had my new phone, I was going to visit my sister and we were going to Mongolian Grill!!!! They had one in Waterloo as well (much better than the London one I might add). It is the most amazing stir fry bar EVERRRR. Very challenge friendly - meat of choice with a bowl full of veggies and some sauce and spices - YUM. My visit with Em was great however, the 2.5 hour drive home at 10 pm was not.

Saturday morning was breakfast with friends to celebrate September birthdays! Delicious omlette (also challenge friendly except for the cheese) followed by a very thorough cleaning of my car - inside and out! Justin and I headed downtown for a friend's birthday and I'm glad to say I was no longer  embarassed to drive on the DVP.

Breakfast on Sunday with another friend followed by one of the most amazing experiences OF MY LIFE. My friend Melissa introduced me to the new Loblaws at Maple Leaf Square Gardens - this is by far the most impressive chain grocery store I have EVER seen. This rivals the market like feel of trendy places like Dean and DeLuca. I was in heaven and looked like a complete freak taking all these pictures. Fun cupcakes, fresh baked ACE bread, the most impressive deli and a larger than life fridge full of cheese - this place blew my mind.






My weekend wrapped up with Justin and I looking at model homes, a nice, challenge friendly dinner and the Primetime Emmys (go Modern Family - 5 Emmys!!)

An exciting week to come as well - season premiere of Modern Family AND The Big Bang Theory!!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment