Canadian Thanksgiving!!


Beyond a shadow of a doubt, Thanksgiving is my FAVOURITE holiday. I have a couple of thoughts as to why... Fall is my favourite season and Thanksgiving is a celebration of all things Fall; it is also my birthday - so in short, it is a Fall holiday dedicated to me... that's probably why I love it.

Due to the combined birthday and holiday festivities, it was impossible to stay challenge friendly over the weekend; what with the broccoli casserole, stuffing, pumpkin pie AND pumpkin cheesecake, as well a cheese and homemade fudge - we're all allowed a break every once and a while.... right??

Thursday night was Emily's high school graduation - I cannot believe that my baby sister is offically done high school - we're so proud of her!

Sorry Em, the only fam one was with your
eyes closed...
On Friday I stopped at Justin's place to drop off some broccoli - his mom makes this UNBELIEVABLE broccoli casserole and she needed a few heads to make some for my family's dinner on Sunday. While I was there I took a bunch of pictures of all her cute Fall decorations. I cannot wait until I have a place of my own to decorate with festive things!



Note: Chauka is not part of the
permanent display
Friday night I went out for dinner with friends to celebrate my birthday - I got a delicious tandoori salmon salad with a couple of pieces of naan bread with melted swiss cheese - man did it ever taste good.

Saturday night was dinner with Justin's family and Sunday was mine - tonnes of food and laughs; still working on getting in the habit but the food was gone before there was time for pictures this weekend....

Note to self: I will get in the habit of taking photos, I will get in the habit of taking photos, I will get in the habit of taking photos!!!

On another very exciting note, Justin and I were approved for a mortgage of Friday!! We likely won't be moving out until the spring but its nice to know that the bank will lend to us and now we know the price range of houses we can look at!! We are meeting with our realtor next week and then its just a matter of waiting and watching. More home info to come in another post

Tomorrow is my actual birthday and we're keeping it pretty low key - a couple important meetings in the office then a nice quiet dinner out with Justin. (I WILL take pictures - just set a calendar reminder on my phone...)


Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment